NeuroMovement Revolution Episode 28
Interview with Special Guest Richard Miller
Episode 28 – Interview with Special Guest Richard Miller
In this podcast, Anat interviews Richard Miller, PhD, a world-renowned spiritual teacher, author, yogic scholar, researcher, and clinical psychologist. He has worked with veterans, homeless people, women who have escaped human trafficking, people suffering from chronic depression, and others with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Dr. Miller is the founder of iRest®, a simple and accessible form of meditation designed for modern day living, and what he calls “tools for life.” These tools empower you to skillfully meet each moment with unshakable peace and wellbeing—no matter how challenging or difficult your situation.
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Richard Miller discuss:
- when we are under ongoing, undue stress that is inescapable, the natural response of the brain/body is to react with a trauma response or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Richard’s experience with having a child born with hydrocephalus, and how he responded to his son’s challenges in life
- Richard takes us through one of his exercises to connect to our innate quality of “wholeness of being,” helping us shift from our thinking mind to our body as sensation
- the importance of and need for safety first, within ourselves, and within our children
- we have five other needs, according to Richard, in addition to our basic needs: to be seen, to be heard, to connect with, to belong, and to feel our innate wholeness
- both iRest® and NeuroMovement® offer a holistic approach to healing and well-being that embraces the unknown and opens up a world of possibilities
Click on the links below to learn more:
Learn more about Richard Miller and iRest tools.
Learn more about NeuroMovement and the 9 Essentials.
Check out our NeuroMovement Holiday Sale with 50% – 60% Off Select Programs.
View the archive of 2019 Episodes of our NeuroMovement Revolution Podcast.