NeuroMovement Revolution Episode 46
Healing Trauma and Building Resilience with Neural Re-Narrating
Episode 46 – Healing Trauma and Building Resilience with Neural Re-Narrating™
A Conversation with Special Guest Donna Jackson Nakazawa
Donna Jackson Nakazawa is an award-winning science journalist, an author of six books, and an internationally recognized speaker. Her work explores the intersection of neuroscience, immunology, human emotion, and new opportunities and ways for healing. She is the bestselling author of The Angel and the Assassin: The Tiny Brain Cell That Changed the Course of Medicine.
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Donna Jackson Nakazawa discuss:
- the smallest cell in the brain—microglia—how it works and its function as an immune system
- groundbreaking discoveries about the brain and how microglia link mental and physical health
- how chronic stressors and trauma affect the brain and this microglia cell
- why safety is the number one factor for health and learning
- well-regulated adults can have an enormous positive impact on children with special needs
- how writing can be used as a tool to reset the nervous system (“neural re-narrating”)
Click on the links below to learn more:
Learn more about Donna Jackson Nakazawa and her work.
Read an excerpt from Donna’s book The Angel and the Assassin.
Try Donna’s Online Course – Your Healing Narrative: Write-to-Heal With Neural Re-Narrating™.
Discover the possibilities with NeuroMovement and the 9 Essentials.