In this podcast, Anat Baniel interviews Michael Merzenich, PhD, the “father” of brain plasticity science. They discuss how the brain is plastic and can change for the better at any age by using effective strategies for positive brain change.
We invite you to view or listen to the pre-recorded interview below.
Episode 24 – Interview with Special Guest Michael Merzenich
Michael Merzenich, PhD, a world-renowned neuroscientist, is the “father” of brain plasticity science. Dr. Merzenich was awarded the 2016 Kavli Prize in Neuroscience, for his work in discovering adult brain plasticity and applying its principles to improve the human condition.
In this podcast, Anat Baniel interviews Dr. Merzenich, who has been a big supporter of NeuroMovement® and the 9 Essentials. He states: “Anat Baniel has developed powerful, practical strategies for improving your abilities and building a better, stronger brain supported by the neuroscience of brain plasticity.”
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Michael Merzenich discuss:
- the brain is built for change, and every person should take advantage of this fact;
- dramatic changes can occur across time, even with the most damaged brains, if you use effective strategies for positive brain change;
- Dr. Merzenich’s research and interventions for children who have been traumatized in early life, and the development of brain training programs for kids;
- the importance of starting with where a person is at—with what she or he CAN do—and then move forward from there;
- the power of Slow and Enthusiasm Essentials and why they are potent tools for learning and positive brain change;
- pre-submitted questions from the audience.
Click on the links below to learn more.