Episode 10 – Are You Helping Your Child Too Much Or Too Often?
As children grow and develop, they continually “figure out” how to do things, becoming more and more independent. For a child with special needs, this learning process is interrupted. How can you help your child and also recognize when you are doing too much, or helping too often?
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Neil Sharp discuss:
- how to give children with special needs the space and time to do what they can
- allowing children to do it on their own with limited assistance will allow them to know what they CAN do, and will allow YOU to observe what they are able to do without help
- practical tips and examples on how to provide your child with opportunities for learning
- the importance of using small experiences to help children with special needs to discover their own power
- related questions from the audience