Episode 2 – From Fixing to Connecting – Leveraging the Power of the Brain to Change
The most normal and common response to a child having a challenge or limitation is to try and “fix” the child. However, the human being cannot be “fixed.” It is through learning and the brain creating new possibilities, that the child can move from his or her impossible to the possible.
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Neil Sharp discuss:
- the ways in which adults try to “fix” children with special needs
- what it looks like when you are trying to “fix” and how to choose differently
- the brain is an information system, requiring a different approach
- what it looks like to “connect” with your child and how connection affects the brain
- related questions from the audience