Episode 25 – “Take Care of Yourself First” Parents Are Told – Yes, But How?
When taking care of our children, especially if a child has special needs, our focus turns fully on our child. Parents often need to be told of the importance of taking care of themselves. This is easier said than done. In this episode, we will explore the why and the how of taking care of yourself.
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Neil Sharp discuss:
- a certain amount of stress is good for optimal health; however acute, ongoing stress can adversely affect your brain and your ability to function
- the first step is to recognize when you are stressed and then to set up small moments of time to relieve stress by doing something you want to do (take a bath, get alone time, sleep, etc.)
- how NeuroMovement® lessons can be used to reduce stress, change your perspective, and generate feelings of well-being—these lessons are very regenerating for your brain
- how to use the 9 Essentials, especially Flexible Goals, to reduce your stress and to connect with your child
- other options for reducing stress that work well with this NeuroMovement® approach
- related questions from the audience