NeuroMovement Revolution Episode 11
Subtlety – 4th Essential for Positive Brain Change
Episode 11 – Subtlety – 4th Essential for Positive Brain Change
We’ve all heard the expressions “no pain, no gain” and “try harder,” expecting these ways to provide us with the desired outcomes. As counterintuitive as it may seem, the reduction of force and of intensity is what the brain needs to get new information to help us, and the child with special needs, change for the better in powerful ways.
In this podcast, Anat Baniel and Neil Sharp discuss:
- the focus of NeuroMovement® is to upgrade the ability of the brain to do its own job well, and the 9 Essentials can provide the conditions to help make this happen
- how Subtlety, the reduction of force or intensity, can enhance the brain’s ability to perceive differences and receive new information for learning
- practical tips on how to use Subtlety and the Essentials with children with special needs
- how to use the Essentials and to observe what happens with your child—and be open to the possibilities!
- related questions from the audience
Click on the links below to learn more:
Learn about the 1st Essential – Movement with Attention.
Learn about the 2nd Essential – Slow.
Learn about the 3rd Essential – Variation.
Discover How to Move from Fixing to Connecting with Your Child.