From Fixing to Connecting
February 7th - May 27th, 2022
About the course
From Fixing to Connecting is a highly experiential 11-week online course designed to transform the way you care for or work with children. It incorporates neuroscience, movement, social-emotional and play-based learning, as well as Anat Baniel Method (ABM)® NeuroMovement (NM)® tools and methodologies.
Although many join the course to help children with motor, cognitive, emotional, social or other special challenges, the focus of the course is actually on YOU as a caregiver. By participating in this course, you’ll unleash your capacity to experience having “one brain” with your child.
Learn how to shift from fixing to connecting, utilizing the Nine Essentials of ABMNM® in your daily interactions with your child, and prepare to be amazed and inspired by your and your child’s ability to transform in lasting, beneficial ways.
The course was so amazing. I noticed my own health has improved in the last 10 weeks. I started running again. The people that I support as a physiotherapist have also benefited - from an adult learning to feed herself for the first time, to kids learning to tie their shoelaces for the first time, without me actually asking them to, and a little boy with autism who was able to verbalize his sensory needs for the first time ever.
I came across Anat's work 9 years ago. It changed everything for me as a mom and became the foundation for the school I started to address things like ADHD, Autism, GAD, global delays, Dyslexia, auditory processing, etc. I have found, that if we do this work with ABMNM® the curriculum and academic work falls into place for the child. My daughter who has learning delays, epilepsy, Lupus and visual system impairments is now 19 years old and wouldn't be where she is today without the impact of Anat's 9 Essentials.
Course highlights in numbers
You also get:
Who this course is for:
- Parents of special needs children
- Physical Therapists
- Neuropsychologists and Clinical Psychologists
- Occupational Therapists
- School Psychologists
- Learning Specialists and Education Therapists
- Special Education Teachers
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Licensed Counsellors
- Performance Coaches
- Yoga Instructors
- Social Workers
- Healthcare Professionals
- Anyone with an interest in neuroscience, movement, learning, education, ADHD, autism, and also for adults interested in enhancing vitality, anti-aging, athletic performance, yoga, movement and dance
Overview of Week-To-Week Course Content
Each week features:
- Experiential movement lessons
- Access to videos showing work with children, parent coaching and Q&A sessions (all pre-recorded)
Overview of Week-To-Week Course Content
Each week features: Lectures • Discussions • Experiential movement lessons • Access to videos showing work with children, parent coaching and Q&A sessions (all pre-recorded)
Week 1: From Fixing to Connecting
February 7 - 13, 2022
- Experience an enlightening introduction to NeuroMovement® and to what is meant by “from fixing to connecting”
- Learn about your child’s felt experience and its great importance for learning and the wellbeing of your child.
- Learn how to shift the focus from trying to “fix” your child to experiencing the joy and delight of being connected with them
- Discover new ways of seeing your child and new possibilities for them and yourself
Week 2: Essential #1 - Movement with Attention
February 14 - 20, 2022
- Discover why movement is the “language of the brain”
- Learn why movement with attention is a vital tool for your child’s successful development
- Experience enlightening NeuroMovement® lessons
Catch up Week A
February 20 - 27, 2022
A chance to explore and integrate weeks 1&2 of the course.
Week 3: Essential #2 - Slow February 28
March 6, 2022
- Learn how to develop slow as a skill and how to utilize it intentionally with your child
- Discover why slow is a door to waking up your child’s brain to potent learning and compassionate intention that enhances the connection and love between you and your child
- Learn about the Neuroscience behind the power of slow
Week 4: Essential #3 - Variation
March 7 - 13, 2022
- Discover how and when to bring variations into your interactions with your child
- Learn how differentiation is at the heart of successful brain development and how variations help the brain do its job better
- Learn about and play The Mistakes Game
Catch-up Week B
March 14 - 20, 2022
A second opportunity for you to reflect upon and apply what you’ve learned so far to your everyday life.
Week 5: Essential #4 - Subtlety
March 21 - 27, 2022
- Discover how the power of subtlety, gentleness and reduced effort can wake up the brain and flood it with new information with which it can create new and beneficial neural pathways
- Discover how to reduce mental, physical and emotional force in your interactions with your child while optimizing opportunities for beneficial transformations
- Learn how to skilfully incorporate subtlety using words and actions
Week 6: Essential #5 - Enthusiasm
March 28 - April 3, 2022
- Discover a new kind of enthusiasm that upgrades your and your child’s brain
- Learn how to hone your enthusiasm skills
- Find out what actions to take when you feel your enthusiasm waning
Week 7: Essential #6 - Flexible Goals
April 4 - 10, 2022
- Learn how to turn goals into potent intentions
- Discover how to replace an “outcome/product” approach with a “process-based” approach and unleash immense inner resources for learning
- Learn how to wonder and allow the seemingly miraculous to occur
Catch-up Week C
April 11 - 17, 2022
By now, you’ll have experienced some deep and profound shifts in your understanding of and feelings towards yourself and your child. This week gives you a chance to catch-up on any content you might have missed or want to review or replay. It’s also a chance to appreciate the road you’ve travelled and to differentiate your actions and interactions with your child.
Week 8: Essential #7 - The Learning Switch
April 18 - 24, 2022
- How to recognize when your child’s learning switch is on or off
- Discover ways to activate the learning switch and turn the “dial” up
- Learn how to identify activities that may deactivate the learning switch
- How to recognize signs that it’s time to pause or cease a particular activity
Week 9: Essential #8 - Imagination and Dreams
April 25 - May 1, 2022
- Explore the power of imagination and its role in bringing about beneficial and lasting transformation
- Learn ways to wake-up and enrich your child’s imagination
- Recognizing and honoring the difference between your dreams for your child and your child’s own inclinations and aspirations
Week 10: Essential #9 - Awareness
May 2 - 8, 2022
- How to see awareness as an “action”
- Discover ways to practice awaring
- Awakening the genius in your child
Catch Up Weeks D + E
May 9 - 22, 2022
These final two catch up weeks provide an opportunity to revisit what you’ve learned so far, practice, and connect with fellow participants in the private Facebook group. It’s also a chance to prepare for the completion week and compile your questions for the final live Q&A.
Week 11: Completion week
May 23 - 27, 2022
This week features a final live call with Anat and her team. It’s a chance to ask more questions and hear/share experiences with other participants. You will also discover ways to further integrate what you’ve learned into your everyday life and stay connected to your fellow course participants and teachers.
Just applying the nine essentials to myself I'm reclaiming my life and the life of my children and what their lives can be.
I am very happy and inspired to be a part of this course with so many courageous and amazing parents and therapists <3. The Essential of SLOW has been hugely successful in just 1 1/2 days of practicing it. It is so simple, yet powerful. Recently I was at the local pool with my 9 yr-old daughter who experiences Downs. They over-scheduled and told us to wait but my daughter hopped in the pool, causing a big upheaval. Though I could feel my anxiety rise, amidst the chaos, I instantly told myself to "Slow it down" which took my anxiety down by 40%. I spoke slower, with intention, clarity, and gentleness explaining to her why she couldn’t enter the pool yet. In the past, I believed she wouldn't understand and I had to push/grab her body. Then....I waited....all eyes were on us, and to my surprise she got out of the pool, went to sit on a bench, and waited 12 minutes until she was allowed to swim. I felt such empowerment both in the outcome and in the respect I was able to give my daughter. It all unfolded this way because of being reminded of the SLOW essential. THANK YOU, Anat.